Monday 16 April 2012

My Movie Year


My Movie Year is a blogathon hosted by Fandango Groovers Movie Blog. In it, we have to select a year which we think is the best movie year and give instances of 5 films to validate that claim. I thought I would be unable to take part in it on account of all the travelling, but I may just have made it in time albeit a bit late.

Now there are many years like 1939, 1976, 1994, 2007 etc. that are known for great movies. But I've decided to go with something very much recent because this was the year that I feel I fully immersed myself in movies and awards and everything. I think every film-lover goes through this and that first year always remains a favourite for them.

My year is 2010. Reasons-

The Social Network (Dir: David Fincher)

Inception (Dir: Christopher Nolan)

Black Swan (Dir: Darren Aronofsky)

Scott Pilgrim vs the World (Dir: Edgar Wright)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 1 (Dir: David Yates)


Hope you liked it :-)

6 comments:

  1. Great choice, I would have picked four of those five had I gone for 2010. Thanks for taking part, I have updated the homepage to include your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for adding me to the list.
      It was a great blogathon!

      Delete
  2. Great choices! 2010 was a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure previous years have had even better films, but I agree, 2010 is fantastic- all 5 movies you chose are very good in their own way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they did. But this year was special for me because it was the first time I was so invested in the films. I mean I will never root for anything like how I did for Social Network... which is a good thing ;-)

      Delete