Saturday 24 March 2012

Thoughts

Yes I am a couple of days late. Had to watch this huge adaptation which everyone loves etcetera etcetera.

1) Speaking of which, you know how many people are not going to watch The Hunger Games this weekend due to the crazy hype? I have decided not to review it because of the overwhelming number of reviews in my dash (all excellent ones o'course). My priority right now is the acquire the book asap, even though I am currently super broke. Also my mother, who I saw the movie with, does not approve of all the killing in it and thinks that I am crazy for wanting to read it. So glad I never saw Fight Club with her. My excellent best friend has suggested that I should sell her Twilight books online and buy The Hunger Games with the money. So proud of her :D

2) Photos- I did a poll on him, but I forgot to talk about how freaking amazing Daniel Radcliffe looks à la Allen Ginsberg on the set of Kill Your Darlings! Tumblr has exploded with fangirls crying over his poofy hair and perfect face and stuff. Also another Emma Watson has donned on some extensions for her role in Sofia Coppola's Bling Ring. Apparently she's not the lead, but she has some dance in it with a gun while being scantily dressed (so says Tumblr). Then there are photos of Hugh Jackman as Jean Valijean from the set of Les Miserables. It looks pretty intense, and if Tom Hooper makes this film properly, I may start to stop hating him a little bit for stealing that Oscar from David Fincher. And I might finally read the book. Lastly, there are photos from the set of To Rome With Love. Jesse Eisenberg and Ellen Page look adorable, but I liked the previous two names of the project, i.e., Bop Decameron and Nero Fiddled so much better.


3) Trailers- good week. It started with the awesome full trailer of Prometheus. I still don't get it completely, but it looks pretty darn amazing. It will definitely be a visual treat, if not anything else. Then another Charlize Theron flick, Snow White and the Huntsman has its official trailer out. This too looks spectacular, and I want a Queen Ravenna poster for my room. Then Abraham Lincolm: Vampire Hunter has another trailer out which gives us a little bit more insight into the film. I like the OTT aspect of this film and I think it will definitely be fun. Robert Pattinson is getting ready to totally shirk off his sparkly girl-toy image with Cosmopolis. The teaser looks completely insane. I don't know how much I will like the film, but I am pretty excited to see what Pattinson is going to do with such an extreme role. The almost opposite of him is Oscar nominee Saoirse Ronan who is going to be seen in the Stephenie Meyers's "non-Twilight" book's adapatation, The Host. Why is she doing this? Also, what a terrible teaser.


4) Speaking of trailers, they showed the trailer of Street Dance 2 before The Hunger Games. It actually says it is "THE BIGGEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR". I mean do they really think that? I am all for ambition, but that is sort of extremely ridiculous. Also there was the trailer of the water Transformers movie, Battleship, which I had totally ignored. Why does it have Rihanna? Why does it have Alexander Skarsgård? And why is Liam Neeson in it?! What madness!!


5) New Doctor Who companion! Jenna-Louise Coleman. She seems sweet, but I desperately wanted a male companion for Matt Smith's Doctor. But according to head-writer and total troll Steven Moffat, she will meet him in the most surprising of ways, in the Christmas episode of this year. And the episode before that it the goodbye to Amy and Rory Pond, played by Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill. I cannot imagine Matt without Karen! How awful :'( This episode has the dreaded Weeping Angels returning, and "not everyone gets out alive this time". I really hope Moffat doesn't kill off the Ponds. That will be awful and I will cry buckets of tears. Also there is Doctor Who convention going on in Cardiff right now, and I am sitting in my room in a whole another continent. FML! (Sorry- had to vent).


6) Finally, did anyone notice how Peeta threw bread to Katniss in The Hunger Games? Too funny.
I regret nothing.

Byees.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, haven't you heard? Streetdance 2 is the biggest movie of the year. Because everyone obviously saw Streetdance, and is anticipating a sequel.

    LOL JK. I didn't even know they were making a sequel until last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nooo. I thought it was Step Up 20 or something. I didn't even know there was a film called Streetdance!

      Delete
  2. I just started The Hunger Games (book) and I think it's definitely worth reading so far. I haven't seen the movie as I plan to wait a few days before I do and maybe even finish the book first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biggest book store in this country has officially run out of the book. I'm going to get my kid brother to get it from his school library for me to read :/
      That's a good plan.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I agree about The Host teaser. When I saw it I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. Ronan deserves better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man it depressed me. She deserves sooo much better.

      Delete
  4. ahahahaha....the Peeta .gif. I loves it!
    Josh Hutcherson is really growing on me the more I think about him! He's lovely :)
    With Doctor Who, I definitely think its time for Amy and Rory to be moving on, but I swear to god, if Moffat kills off Amy or Rory....grrr!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right.
      For whatever reason Josh Hutcherson is not growing on me.
      'Tis true, but Smith and Gillan :'( And Darvill is epic too.
      I really really hope Moffat doesn't kill them.

      Delete