Sunday 27 March 2011

"When people ask me if I went to film school, I say, 'No, I went to films.'" ~ Quentin Tarantino

What is life without this man??



“Violence is one of the most fun things to watch.”

“I steal from every movie ever made.”

“I couldn't spell anything. I couldn't remember anything, but I could go to a movie and I knew who starred in it, who directed it, everything.”

“My plan is to have a theatre in some small town or something and I'll be manager. Ill be the crazy old movie guy.”

“What if a kid goes to school after seeing Kill Bill and starts slicing up other kids? You know, I’ll take that chance! Violent films don’t turn children into violent people. They may turn them into violent filmmakers but that’s another matter altogether.”



The joy this gives me...indescribable. I have seen almost all of his works- written and directed. Jackie Brown is still incomplete but I will watch that within next month for sure. Here is a film maker who glorifies violence, but it is done with so much humour and class, and not to forget AMAZING MUSIC, that it becomes one hell of a ride just to view any and every film of his. Can't wait for the next one...maybe he'll kill Gaddafi.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU GLORIOUS BASTERD!!

1 comment: